Introduction to Sailing.
Synopsis of Flash content:
The sport of sailboat racing is one of excitement and strategy. Not only are you competing against the times of other boats, but you are also up against the wind and your own sailing knowledge and abilities. Introduction to Sailing is designed to teach you the fundamentals of sailboat racing. Once you understand the basic strategies, you can race a sailboat on the 'Skipper's Course' and the 'Web Cup Course.'
If you have never sailed before, or if you do not understand the tenets of sailing strategy, such as tacking and the different types of sails, we suggest that you proceed through the 'All Hands on Deck' section. If you already feel comfortable skippering your boat around the courses, then feel free to challenge yourself to a personal best time.
Finally, the 'About this Game' section gives you the story behind the creation of this game, and creation credits for Introduction to Sailing.
Index of Flash content:
- Welcome to Sailing - A synopsis of the content
- All hands on Deck - Information on sailing fundamentals
- The Sailboat - The anatomy of a sailboat.
- The Sails - The different types of sails, and their purpose.
- Sailing Downwind - Techniques for sailing downwind
- Sailing Upwind - Techniques for sailing upwind
- Racing Courses - Synopsis of current sailboat racing courses
- Boat Controls - Guide to using the game controls
- Skipper's Course - the basic sailboat racing course
- Web Cup Course - an advanced sailboat racing course
- About the game - the story behind the creation of this game
Licensing Structure:Licensing the Introduction to Sailing Game has three options:
Volume discounts are available if you wish to purchase a license for multiple domains. Please contact MacGregor Media for more information.
- Game Only - This option offers the rights to host the Introduction to Sailing game, as is, on the web site of your choice for a period of ten (10) years. This license is on a per domain basis, meaning that you would need to purchase a license for each domain you choose to host the game. The fee for this licensing is $300 US per domain.
- Game and Code - This option extends the 'Game Only' license to include a copy of the Introduction to Sailing source code (written in Flash 4 but delivered in a Flash 5 or Flash MX format). Your company may make any visual or interface changes to the game that you choose as long as the copyright notice, email and web link to MacGregor Media are included in the released version. The fee for this license is $600 US per domain.
- Game, Code and Customization - This option extends the 'Game and Code' license to include customization of the game by MacGregor Media. Pricing for this license starts at $600 with additional customization charges for making changes. Please send in a list of the requested changes/additions to the game content and MacGregor Media will prepare an estimate for the changes.
Introduction to Sailing - ©1999 - 2003 MacGregor Media.